Monday, January 19, 2009

America's Best Dance Crew- Season 3

Season 3 of AMBDC kicked off last week. Long anticipated, and I was notably impressed by the crews picked this season. I already have my top 3 picked out. Keep in mind, this may change on a week to week basis.. cause sometimes crews be pulling out all the stops and turning me into their fans mid season. The clogging crew is really different, and I like how tight their moves are. The only problem is the minute they put some hip hop flavour I was embarrassed for them. They were SO dry!! The Step crew could prove to be really cool too, but they gotta really come with it to hype up the crowd.



Crews to watch out for:

Quest Crew

2 members of this crew were in the top 20 of 'So You Think You Can Dance'. Hok and Domenic.. I love their b-boy stuff, but they are also trained in other types of dance, which will add some unique flavours to their breaking.


Beat Freaks

I've got mad love for these chicks. They step on that conception of the "cheer leading squad" all girl crew of the last two seasons. These girls bring it hard. Breaking, ole skool hip hop. They are sic. I'd love to see these girls take it all. Between them all, they have lots of dancing experience, and have dance with the likes of Madonna, Pink and many others.


Fly Khicks

This girl crew is aight. They were all members of the Miami Heat NBA dance squad, so yeah.. they were cheerleaders, and yeah, they do come with some rah rah ish. BUT.... they also are very high energy, can pop and shake and bring tha sexy in a not so skankish way. I dig that. Don't want to see them win it all, but I dig.


And of course, there is my man who I've been lovin' since Season 1 of So You Think You Can Dance. Shane Sparks. I heart him, cause not only is he sexy, but he can dance and choreograph like noone's business. He makes one of my favourite shows that much better..















1 comment:

  1. Do you remember Shane in the "I Wanna Be Down" video....pure niceness

    ReplyDelete